After much hunting for an easy-to-make but yummy eggless cake recipe, I bumped into one and immediately decided to give it a try. I tweaked it a bit to suit my taste and made small portions of it to start with. The result was so good, I plan to make a bigger yummier version soon! :)
Thanks to Divya from Easycooking for sharing this simple recipe :)
All purpose flour-1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Cocoa powder - 6 tbsp
Salt - a pinch
Chocolate Chips - 1/4 cup
Chocolate Sprinklers - 1/4 cup
Butter - ½ cup (naturally melted at room temperature)
Curd - ¾ cup
Powdered Sugar - ¾ cup
Milk - 1 cup
Instant coffee powder - 1 tsp
- Preheat the microwave to 170C.
- In a small bowl, mix well together the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- To the the milk, add in the coffee powder and stir well and set aside.
- In another bigger bowl, beat together melted butter, powdered sugar and curd till you get a creamy mass.
- To this, add in the sifted dry ingredients and the milk-coffee alternately, continuously stirring well till you get a smooth batter.
- Pour some batter in the cup cake liner till it is half full.
- Add in some chocolate chips and then add another layer of batter till the cup cake liners are 3/4th filled.
- Decorate the top with chocolate sprinklers and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- With the extra batter, I made a mini star shaped cake, for which you would need to line the cake tray with butter first and then once baked turn the cake onto a plate upside down.
- By adding more chocolate chips, you get a nice gooey chocolate center in your cup cakes/cakes. Yummy in the tummy! :)
Sending this to Tickling Palates