Yeah, my fixation for baby-corn/sweet corn is obvious isn't it!? :) I just love the flavour of corn. From eating it as is with probably a little salt and pepper to transforming them into something exquisite, I am a fan of it all!
Here is my latest creation with baby corns. Its a simple bread preparation with baby corns flavoured with mint and chili flakes. I would like to call these adorable fellas, Sandwichlets! :) They are tiny! They are made up of bread quarters :) I did not plan them that way, they just seemed pretty that way when I had completed making them and was looking for the best way to serve them.
Oh, I just love the way those little ones are peeping through the bread slices! Adorable aren't they? :)
Bread slices - 8
Baby corn - 8
Mint Leaves - 1 cup
Coriander Leaves - a little
Chili Flakes - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Olive Oil - 1/2 tbsp
- Grind the mint leaves and coriander leaves to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and toss in the baby corns. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add the mint paste and mix well ensuring each baby corn is covered in the mint paste.
- Add in the red chili flakes and stir once more.
- Allow the baby corns to roast on the stove for 4-5 mins, then take them off stove and keep aside.
- Slice the bread slices into triangles.
- Smear butter on the outer sides.
- Place a mint-baby corn in the middle of two triangles.
- Add a little mayonnaise if you like.
- Grill toast till they turn golden brown.
- Cut them in half to divide the triangle sandwich into two tiny triangles :)
- Yum them up with tomato ketchup.
- These tiny little sandwichlets are adorable, you wont want to stop with just one! :)