Sunday, September 30, 2012

Vanilla Cuppie Cakes with Butterscotch and Choco Chips [Egg-less]


Ever since I baked my first Vanilla Cake, I have been waiting to do it one more time!! The taste was so yum, and the bake was so perfect, I had to recreate it soon! 

Well, today I got a chance. It is my cute little neighbor's 9th birthday. And what could delight little girls more than cup cakes! :) So, I baked this up last evening, with the same recipe as my Vanilla Cake and just added in some butterscotch and choco chips to bring in some extra flavour... and voila... my cuppie cakes were ready! :) 



Okay I know what you are thinking now. I said these were for the little birthday girl and you notice one with a huge piece bitten off! :P Oh come on .. that was for quality test :) I had to make sure these are gifting material, right! ;) 





 Ingredients

All purpose flour/Maida - 1.5 cups 
Thick Curd/Yogurt - 1 cup  
Sugar - 3/4 cup 
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 and 1/4 tsp
Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup 
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp 
Butterscotch and Choco Chips - 1 tbsp

Method
  • Pre-heat Microwave (in convection mode) to 170 deg C.
  • In a mixing bowl, beat the yogurt and ensure all lumps are removed. Add in the sugar and mix well.


  • Add baking powder and baking soda to this mixture and mix well.


  • Set aside this mixture for 5 mins until small bubbles appear on the surface.


  • Add vanilla extract and oil to this mixture and mix all the ingredients well.


  • Add the flour in parts and gently fold in the batter.


  • Mix well, until no more dry flour is seen.



  • Add in the butterscotch and choco chips and mix well.


  • Place cupcake-liners in a muffin tray and pour in little batter into each, up to about 3/4th full.



  • Bake for 10 minutes or until the crust is brownish. 
  • Allow the cuppie cakes to cool for a while and then serve them with love! :)



Sending this to Virtual Birthday Party


7 comments:

  1. Like the butterscotch and choco chip combination :)) looks so soft n moist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh! im loving the combo! definitely making this! wish I was ur neighbour! sigh!....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..beautiful soft & delicious ones,yummy!!
    Nandita,regarding ur question about dilpasand's eggless version,haven't tried it yet but will try soon & let u know:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really soft & fluffy. Love butterscotch flavor

    Blog - http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/
    Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/ShwetaintheKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. tried with the cake but again i m failed in doing it..
    all the steps were as like u did.. but when the backing come i dont know where i have gone wrong... again disappointed with my backing...

    ReplyDelete