Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day, which requires it to be the most healthiest. It is this meal that practically 'breaks' the night long 'fast' that our body is put through.
Well, yes I know all this but still making breakfast is the most boring part of my day! :( Oh, I love cooking... but early in the morning as soon as I wake up, I am not too excited to enter the kitchen! This has resulted in me compromising on this meal many a times.
But lately, am on a health run and am looking to make healthier breakfast items and am on a lookout for recipes that are innovative, interesting, good for health and most importantly... quick to make!
When I bumped into Priya's Pancake recipe, I knew it was meant for me :D How did I not try this out till now, I wondered as I admired those beautiful pics on her blog. Oh, do check them out, makes you drool :)
This morning, with a few tweaks to the original recipe... I had my own fluffy pancake ready on my plate! Oh yum, they are truly delicious. Am I glad to find such an easy recipe for breakfast! :)
Wholewheat Flour - 1/4 cup
All Purpose Flour - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/2 - 3/4 cup
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Honey - 1 tbsp
Pistachio - 10-12, powdered
- Sift together the flours, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add honey and milk. Stir to make a thick batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a pan, smear oil all over it and pour a dollop of batter in, allowing it to spread out by itself, or gently help it spread out into a smooth round.
- Sprinkle the powdered pistachio on top.
- Once bubbles appear on top of the pancake, flip it over and allow to cook on the other side for another couple of minutes.
- Transfer onto a plate, pour on some honey and enjoy it warm! :)
- Instead of pistachio, or in addition to it... you can add in any kind of fruits/nuts of choice as toppings.
- Maple syrup is usually teamed up with pancakes, but hey there is no rule... team it up with anything you like and enjoy this deliciously healthy snack.