Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Beetroot Chutney | Tempered Beetroot Puree



This is another one of those not-really-a-recipe kind of a recipe :) With beetroot as the star ingredient, simplicity is the main character of this dish. In fact, this is one yum way to feed yourself the healthy wonder vegetable - Beetroot!
 
Actually, I landed up with this one purely by accident! I was making myself some Beetroot Raita and ended up with some additional beet puree than  that is required for the raita. Upon wondering what to do with that little bit, I tempered it with a simple tadka and voila... it tasted great! :) Here is how you can make yourself some of this healthy chutney...


 
Ingredients
Beetroot - 1 large
Salt - a pinch
Chilli Powder - a dash
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 few
Dry Red Chilli - 1
 
Method
  • Pressure cook the beetroot. Cool, peel and blend in the mixer along with very little water to get a fine puree.
  • Temper mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies.
  • Mix in the tempering, salt and chilli powder into the beet puree.
  • Serve with rice. Tastes great with curd rice!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Nandita,
    How could I miss this chutney? A big fan of beetroot myself, I am going to try it out soon. Love to see the healthy colours and flavours from your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really amazing and super simple. Sure to try my hands on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. healthy chutney n awesome presentation!!!

    ReplyDelete