Last weekend, I had my brother and sis-in-law over for lunch and as per their request, I prepared the Thai Green Curry that they loved from one of my previous lunch parties at home. They enjoyed it, just as much as they did last time. It was a lovely weekend with family over a lovely meal.
Then came a weekday. The kind which has mornings jam-packed with activity from making breakfast to putting on finishing touches to the lunch, then packing it, getting ready to work and finally managing to get out of the house on time! I usually plan the lunch the previous night, and try and prep up whatever possible before the morn. But the previous evening we were out and I had not much time for my prep ritual.
So I remembered, I had made myself a batch of the Thai Green Curry Paste over the weekend and as always, made some extra which I stored away in my deep freezer for later use. Yay! I decided it had to be put to use sooner than I had planned to. I had all the ingredients for the Thai Green Fried ice recipe that I had read in Tarla Dalal's book. So, Thai Green Fried Rice it was for lunch the next day!
The previous night, all I got to do was chop all the veggies needed for the dish. The next morning, it took me only 20 minutes to put this dish together. The taste was delightful and I was glad the Green Curry Paste came to my rescue on wha would have otherwise been a clueless workday morning! :)
Okay, so in spite of the mad rush of that morning, I had to click some pictures!! So yes, these pictures were clicked amidst the madness that happened on that workday morning, while I was waiting for hot water to fill in for my bath :P hehe!!
Makes: 1 bowlServes: 2
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Cooked Rice - 3 cups
Thai Green Curry Paste - 2 tbsp.
Spring Onions - 4
(Whites and Greens - separately, finely chopped)
Baby Corn - 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
Capsicum - 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
Green chillies - 1 large, finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Black pepper powder - to taste
Soya Sauce - 1 tsp.
Oil - as needed
- Heat oil in a wok, add the spring onion whites. Sauté for a minute or 2 on medium flame.
- Toss in the baby corn and sauté for a minute.
- Toss in the capsicum, spring onion greens and sauté for 2 minutes or until the vegetables have cooked to suit your preference. I like to keep mine slightly crunchy and hence don't overcook them.
- Add the green chillies and green curry paste. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minute.
- Now, add in the rice, salt and pepper. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Finally add the soya sauce and mix well. Cook for another minute and then serve hot!