Enjoy them as a quick-bite, tea -time snack or as a simple dessert. Cuppie cakes are fun to eat anytime, anywhere! :) Perfectly sized, these little guys are convenient to serve and store.
I am not a huge icing fan. I prefer my cup cakes with no toppings... I prefer muffins.
OK.. so now there is no clear cut difference out there between Cup Cakes and Muffins. The most common difference is that one is with icing, while the other isn't. I am not clear on what else is different! Because these little guys don't have icing on them and I happened to love the name 'muffin' I am just going to call them Muffins. And that's settled! ;)
I just had a lot of fresh carrots lying in my fridge one day and I craved to eat something mildly sweet. It also struck me that I hadn't baked a cake for ages... so this recipe seemed perfect and I got busy in the kitchen.
Less than an hour later, I was nom-nom-noming these muffins and my tummy was happy :)
Adapted from here.
Makes: 8 muffins
- Prep - 15 mins
- Baking - 10 mins
Maida - 3/4 cup
Wheat flour - 1/4 cup
Carrot - 1/2 cup, grated
Curd - 3/4 cups
Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
Milk - 2.5 tbsp
Granulated Sugar -1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt -1/4 tsp
Walnuts - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Preheat oven at 170 deg C.
- In a mixing bowl, sieve maida, wheat flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Keep aside this mixture.
- In another mixing bowl add curd, sugar, milk and olive oil. Mix well until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add vanilla essence and give a quick stir.
- Add the grated carrots, walnuts and then the dry mixture.
- Mix the batter well to form a smooth creamy flowing batter.
- Line the cup cake tray with liners. Pour the batter into the liners to fill up to three-fourths.
- Bake the muffins at 170 deg for 10-15mins or until the toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Mine were done in 10 mins.
- Take the tray out of the oven and allow the muffins to cool for 10 mins before serving.
- Serve them warm. If eating later, microwave for a minute before serving.