Saturday, March 15, 2014

Celery Parathas - Guest Post by Pooja Rao


Its always a pleasure to hear back from readers about how some my posts here, helped them in their experiment in the kitchen. And when they send back pictures of their creations, I am simply delighted! :) Yes, these reader-feedback is like fuel to me as  food blogger and I am thankful to all of you who have written back to me with your food stories :)

So, one day when I got an email from Pooja with a picture of the Mushroom Fried Rice that she tried and loved from my blog, i was truly delighted to hear from her. Its wonderful how Internet can bring together two strangers based on common interest. And the common interest here being food! Oh yes, Pooja is one of the most ardent followers of my little space that she has tried and tested more than 15 recipes from my blog. On one occasion, she shared a picture of Capsicum Burji that she had tried and more than the delicious looking burji, my attention was on the very interesting celery parathas that she had made to team up the burji with. Being a huge fan of parathas, I asked if she could do a guest post for me, and she graciously obliged :) Thanks Pooja! :) 

Over to her now....


“Oh my god, sounds so exciting” was my reaction when Nandita asked me to do a guest post. An ardent fan of Nan’s yum-yums, I agreed immediately!!!!! This is such an amazing blog, I have tried most of her recipes & have loved all of them.

Recently, I had been reading a lot about health benefits of celery, so when I saw it at a supermarket, just picked it up without knowing what to cook from it!!!! After a lot of thinking, the idea of making celery parathas hit me. It is a very simple recipe & I’m glad I tried it as it turned out to be very tasty!!! And now, celery is a frequent guest visiting my kitchen.


Pooja paired up the Celery parathas with tri-coloured Capsicum Burji. Healthy wholesome meal! And, isn't that a pretty sight :)

Here is the recipe for the yummy celery parathas:

Ingredients:

Celery Leaves - 1 bunch
Atta - 2 cups
Onion - 1
Green chillis - 2
Garlic - 2-3 pods
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Salt as needed
Oil - 2-3 tsp
Ghee
Water as needed

Method:


  • Roughly chop celery leaves and grind along with onion, green chillis, garlic, jeera to a smooth paste. 
  • In a mixing bowl, take the atta, salt and oil and then add the ground paste to it. 
  • Knead into a firm dough. Keep aside covered for a few minutes. 
  • Make lemon sized balls from the dough and roll them like chapathis. 
  • Heat a pan and cook the rolled out parathas on it. 
  • Cook by adding ghee, till both sides are done. 
  • Serve hot with any curry, raita, pickle or just plain curd.

2 comments:

  1. very nice and innovative recipe.. celery paratha looks very yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nandita, I liked the new look of your blog and loved the fact that most of the pictures are of BREADS :) You've done a lovely job there....linking....labels..etc etc.. Pooja has come out with a very unthinkable paranthas. This is creativity. I loved her post, her detailed pictorial. Lovely recipe indeed and can imagine how beautifully it will pair up with capsicum or paneer bhurjee! Congratulations Pooja for being featured in your favoutite blog which is my favourite too!
    Happy Holi ! Love!

    ReplyDelete