Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Pizza Minis | Personalized Baby Pizzas



It was just a 'pizza-kind-of-a-day'!!  

You know that feeling when you are somewhere in the mid day and a bell rings in your head and a sign board seems to be flashing right in front of you with the menu for dinner written in bold font! Yeah... some days are just like that for me, while there are some days when I would have to dig deep into my brains to settle on a menu! Well, lets forget those difficult days and talk about the fun days when the menu just calls out to you loud and clear :)

Oh, I love such days! :)


Last week I guess Thursday or so was one such lovely day when the food-indicators in my brain sent me pizza signals... I had to obey! So, homemade pizzas it was for dinner! 

How delighted I was. My dinner was sorted, and I was still at work!! Why can't such days visit more often, I wonder :)

As soon as the clock struck 6, I rushed home and began work on my dough. Oh, I did not want to waste a second! I used my trusted wholewheat pizza base recipe and made a dough ball. While it sat proofing, I began planning on the topping... I simply couldn't settle for one! That was when the idea of making Pizza Minis struck me!



I decided to make tiny little bases and top each with toppings of my choice. Absolutely personalized baby pizzas. One had extra spice, while another had more capsicum, one had loads of sweet corn while one had extra sauce! It was exciting making these cute little guys. 

The husband was equally delighted when he came home to a plateful of these cuties, each with a personality of its own! :) Enjoy them as a lovely meal at home, or treat your friends and family at your next get-together. These little ones are sure a crowd pleaser... :)





Makes - 4 Pizza Minis
Time (approx): 
  • Prep - 15 mins
  • Baking - 25-30 mins


Ingredients:

Pizza Base: 4
I made tiny little bases using the recipe in the link above. Shape them as rounds of the size that would fit in your palm.

For the toppings:
Pizza Sauce | Tomato Ketchup - as needed
You can use any combination of veggies that you like. 
I used - Onions, tomatoes, baby corn, green capsicum, yellow capsicum, green chillies  and sweet corn.
Pizza seasoning - as needed,
Rec chilli flakes -  as needed
Cheese - 2 cubes/1 cup, grated


Method:




  • Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
  • First chop all the veggies you are using and keep aside these chopped veggies.
  • Take a baking tray and line it with parchment paper. Place the little pizza bases on the tray.
  • Smear tomato ketchup/pizza sauce over the bases and evenly spread it all over it.
  • Spread out the chopped veggies in any assortment that you like. Sprinkles some Italian seasoning and red chilly flakes.
  • Sprinkle grated cheese on the top and smear a little oil on the sides, along the crust if you like them to become a golden brown. Drizzles some oil over the topping.
  • Bake the pizza minis for 25 minutes at 170 degrees (15 mins on the lower heat rod and 10 mins on the upper heat rod).
  • Take out of oven, sprinkle with some more red chilly flakes and pizza seasoning.


  • Slice the little guys into two and serve with a smile! :) 
  • If you like sauce laden pizzas, drizzle over a generous serving of tomato ketchup over your pizza slices.

4 comments:

  1. These look sooo good. Wish could grab some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nandita, Your pizzas drive me mad. What lovely flavours and colours! cheese oozing from one while sweet corns peep from the other...third and fourth have diced capsicum sitting with onions. What a feast ....can't get my eyes off them. Food indicators keep sending me pizza signals to me too, but, my laziness overpowers them. Now no more......thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this looks so yummy:) Indeed worth trying:) Great recipe
    Why dont you join us in saturday snapshots series, its like food photography but the fun way:) take a look at my blog, you can see the banner and click on it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my space n filled lovely words. ..wonderful space u have...

    ReplyDelete