Its 11:37 pm. Its a work-day night. I had to take a personal day off from work today and am taking a day off tomorrow as well. Things have been hectic on the home front today. It has been a very long tiring day and yet, here I am sitting and typing away on my blog post like I have a blog exam tomorrow!
Blogging is like therapy for me. It calms me down and gives me the much needed recharge I want from a exhausting day. No, not always, not every single tiring day ends up like this. But today is one such day when in the evening all I wanted was for night to fall and to cuddle tight in my bed. But as night approached, I do not want to sleep and relax myself, but find the relaxation in doing what I absolutely love... write, blog and share a snippet of my life through words.
And there are the other extreme kind of days, When I have all day to my disposal. No agenda planned for the day. No chores. No outings. Just a home-idling day and yet, not a thought props up in my head to create a blog post.
Sigh! Let us just leave along the ways this weird mind works :)
I have been meaning to publish this post for over 3 months now. I have no idea why it hasn't seen the light of day until now! I just had the pictures in her and couldn't get myself to type the post!
Anyway, finally here it comes today amidst my chaotic mad day! A fun shaped pizza!
Have you felt like you want to wrap all the goodness of a pizza into a tight hug and make it a roll? :) Here is how you do it!! :)
Makes: 6 rolls
- Prep - 25 mins
- Proofing - 60 mins
- Shaping - 30 mins
- Baking - 30 mins
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- All Purpose Flour - ½ cup
- Instant Yeast - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - ½ tbsp.
- Pizza Seasoning - a pinch
- Salt - a pinch
- Water - as needed
- Olive Oil - as needed
- Pizza Sauce | Tomato Ketchup - as needed
- Pizza seasoning - as needed,
- Red chilli flakes - as needed
- Cheese - 2 cubes/1 cup, grated
How to make the dough?
- In mildly warm water, add sugar and yeast. Allow to sit for 4-5 minutes. The solution should begin to froth up and bubbles should appear on top.
- Mix together APF, Wheat flour, salt, oil, Pizza seasoning, proofed yeast mix. Add extra water or flour as needed to make a firm, yet slightly sticky dough.
- Keep this dough in a well-greased bowl, undisturbed for about an hour or hour and a half, covered with a damp cloth or with cling wrap.
How to make the shape the rolls?
- After about an hour or hour and a half, the dough which was kept for proofing, would have doubled in quantity.
- Punch down the dough and deflate it.
- Lightly grease your palms and make even sized dough balls.
- Dust your work floor and gently roll out a dough ball into an oval shape.
- Smear some pizza sauce over the open face of the rolled out dough.
- Spread some chopped vegetables and sprinkle some grated cheese, in the centre of the oval, as shown in the picture.
- Sprinkle some seasoning and red chili flakes.
- Fold one part of the dough sheet so as to cover the filling.
- Now gently but firmly fold the other end of the sheet to envelope over the first fold.
- Mildly pinch the ends of the dough after the second fold to ensure the fold doesn't open up while baking.
- Using a kitchen knife, cut lines on the top of the shaped roll. Do not cut all the way through, just gentle cuts. This is to ensure the roll holds shape and don't rise out of proportion and also to make it look pretty!
- Smear some olive oil on top of the shaped roll.
- Preheat the oven to 170C and bake these buns for about 8-12 minutes or until the crust start to get golden brown.
- Take them out and lay them over a wire rack to cool. Gently brush olive oil or milk on top to give a gloss and to soften them a little. Repeat for all other portions and keep aside for another 10-15 minutes.
There, now I can go and sleep peacefully. Mind relaxed. Mind happy :)
Good night peeps! :)