Thursday, October 8, 2015

Instant Oats Dosa | Ready in 20 Mins


If you are like me, you do not like spending too much time in the kitchen!

I want my cooking to come together quickly without much hassle. At the same time, I do get bored of the list of simple recipes I have in hand, especially breakfast items and hence am constantly looking for interesting and innovative recipes.

The other day, my colleague mentioned of an instant dosa she had made for breakfast which took all of 20 minutes to put together from start to finish! My ears shot up and I was immediately all questions on how she made it. 

 

The simplicity of this dosa floored me and I made it the very next day. Was surprised at how easy it was to prepare and its taste is oh-so-yummy! 

I paired it with a simple Coconut Coriander chutney. You can pair it with any condiment of your choice.

Here you go, hope you all enjoy it! :)



Ingredients

Oats - 1 cup
Rice Flour - 1 cup
Rava - 1/2 cup
Curd -  1 cup
Green Chillies - 2-3, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves - 1 cup, finely chopped
Salt - To taste
Water - as needed

Method

  • Dry roast the oats in a heated pan until they turn light brown. Do not over toast the oats so as to burn them. Allow to cool.
  • In a blender, combine the roasted oats, rice flour, rava and salt. I did not completely fine ground it, left it a little coarse for an interesting texture. You may grind it to a completely fine powder, if you like it that way.
  • In a huge mixing bowl, combine the blended powder, curd, coriander leaves, green chillies and water. 
  • Mix until you get a smooth batter which is runny and not too thick.
  • Make dosas as usual on a hot griddle and drizzle with some little oil. 
  • Enjoy them hot with your choice of chutney!


1 comment: