Thursday, March 15, 2018

Pizza Sauce | Baby Friendly Pizza Sauce



Hola People! 

Its been just a few days short of a year since I penned something down here for you all! Thanks to some of my loyal readers who wrote in frequently to check on me. Means a lot.

Life has been hectic on so many aspects outside this little blog of mine and hence I was missing in action here. 

Let me quickly fill you in on what all has been happening in the last one year that I have been absconding 

  • My little sonshine turned two last month. He keeps me busy all day with his curiosity and cuteness! 
  • I have discovered a new found passion in early learning activities for my boy and hence have been deeply involved in creating a whole bunch of early learning activities and DIYs for the little guy. We both have been loving this and I love that I am able to give him my full time and attention during this inquisitive age. If this is something that interests you, do have a look at what we have been up to here: Sonshine Mumma
  • By chance and beautiful turn of events, I have landed up starting a little venture that I am immensely passionate about. I create Memory Quilts with baby clothes, sarees and tees. A new found hobby, sewing has been taken to new heights and being a one person army behind this, I am still trying to cope with the demands of juggling between all these different aspects. However, am slightly proud of what I have been able to create so far in the last 6 months. Again, if any of this interests you, I would love you to have a look at my page Sew Mini Moments.
Phew! Am done, I promise.




So amidst all these various beautiful things happening in my life, food blogging sadly went down the priority scale! But now I hope to be back if not as often as before, at least maybe once a month!

To break the long silence here, I have with me a super simple pizza sauce that I tried just today and loved it so much that I decided to blog it! It is baby friendly and I used this to make tiny pizzas for my boy and has been approved by the toddler foodie! 

This is a basic sauce with minimal spice, which you can pump up the spices of, if you would like a bit more of a chilly kick. I have leftover and I am planning on making some pasta with this tomorrow! 

Ingredients

Tomato - 4 ripe, medium, finely chopped
Onion - 1 medium, finely chopped
Garlic - 4 pods, finely chopped
Italian Seasoning - 1 tsp
Brown Sugar - 1 tsp
Red Chilly Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as needed
Olive Oil - a tbsp

Method
  • Heat oil in a pan and toss in the garlic and onion. Add brown sugar, saute and allow to mildly caramelize. This may take 2-3 mins
  • Then, toss in the tomatoes and sprinkle little salt, Italian seasoning, mix well and keep covered on medium flame. Allow to cook for 5-6 mins by mixing up the mixture in between once or twice.
  • Smash the tomatoes with the back of your spatula to release all the juices and bring the mixture together. Allow to simmer for another 2 minutes.
  • Once completely cooked, allow to cool and then blend it into sauce consistency. Don't add water to this, it is meant to be thick.
  • Store in a glass container and refrigerate. This will last a couple of days.


1 comment: